MSCJ: Admission Requirements
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the
institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Application Letter ( can be uploaded to the online application ) - Should state your interest in and goals for the MS in Criminal Justice program, including
reasons for why/how this program will meet your professional or academic needs (Note:
If the applicant has a record of work experience in the criminal justice field, the
applicant should explain in the letter the type and length of the experience, his
or her work-related promotions and achievements, and skills/ knowledge acquired.)
- Resume - can be uploaded to the online application
- Letters of Recommendation (Two) (Can be sent electronically through the online application). Notes: Letters should be from academics/ former professors. One letter could be from a work
supervisor if the applicant has numerous years of work experience in the criminal
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department
code is necessary.
***Important Note***: GRE Score Report NOT needed if applicant has one of the following
other records of external validation: (1) Record of successful academic performance
such as undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or above; *OR* (2) Demonstrated record of successful
work experience in the criminal justice field for a period of four (4) or more years.
[Note: For examples of qualifying types of work experience, see “Admissions Criteria”
document on MSCJ Resources page.
Application and Document Deadlines
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.